Saturday, August 23, 2008

Holy Bananas Batman!


Ok, seriously??? We went grocery shopping last night and normally I buy a ton of fresh fruit for all of us, as it does not stay around long in our house as it is. I went to bag up some of the boys' fave treat when i looked up at the price and about went into labor right then and there due to the sight of the huge 0.58 per pound sign! At the beginning of the year bananas were .38 per pound. A 20 cent mark up is a lot!! Apples also went up by 30 cents and dont even get me started on oranges.......
We went home with a small supply of bananas, lots of peaches and necterines and grapes instead.
This economy we are adapting to is getting unreal. I am doing things my grandmother and her family did to save money during the great depresion. I hate penny pinching this much! But I guess every bit we can do helps, but when are things going to get back to normal????
I JUST WANT MY $0.38 BANANAS BACK!!!!!

1 comment:

Liz said...

It IS disgusting, isn't it? I go through the same thing, especially with oranges. I've seen the small navels at $0.99 apiece! We buy lots of apples and watermelon in the summer. We chop up the watermelon and keep it in the fridge, and it makes a great treat for the melt-your-skin-off Arizona weather. :-)
I hope you're doing okay! You must be so uncomfortable! I'll keep you in my prayers that labor goes well and you can be comfy in your own body again soon. :-)