Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Love My Family


There are some times that little things remind me of how lucky I am to have a great partner in life! Many had doubts of our relationship as we were both so young, me 16 Rex 20, but 8 years later here we are and here we stay.
I was thinking today that Rex and I could not be more perfect for each other. Good amount of likes and dislikes between the two of us. But most of all I really appreciate Rex's knowledge of how important our family is and the time we spend together. It is very easy in the world we live in to get into a pattern of missed dinners, forgotten hugs and kisses, and goodnight stories. We both make little every day things a big deal and our time together special even if its for a moment.
Rex plays XBOX live while the kids and I watch Spongebob...after game time, we all have a movie night, play outside or play "jump on daddy". We all brush our teeth together, wash our faces, tuck into bed and we all read a story. Not its not always sunshine and rainbows, but we try to do these simple things as often as we can to savor their childhood and our time together as a young family.
My new favorite item on the list is Rex and I watching re-runs of Gilmore Girls, then playing Madden Football after the kids are asleep. It is so much fun! Mario Galaxy is going to be bought next as Liz's obsession with it has intrigued me! :-)
Ok, so rambling aside, I am thankful and grateful for having my best friend by my side in life who shares the same ideals of family with me. I think we have a good balance and I can only hope we pass on our small traditions to our boys.

No comments: