Monday, October 27, 2008

The LIttle Things

After one of those testing days as a mother, I did get my few moments of pure bliss and reminders that kids will be kids and they can carry true gifts that can make your heart sing!
After being called a princess, things went down hill fast again and chaos broke loose as usual. I managed through and got everything done that I needed, visited with dad and got house picked up again before bed. Benjamin however was not ready to settle in for the evening though. I was and still am sooooo sleepy and ready to rejuvenate for the busy day ahead of me. While feeding him and I propped him up to burp really quick and I was talking and joking to him that he needed to go sleepy before mommy built a tepee.. (sleep deprived humor) and I got his first smile. So for the next half hour there I sat, exhausted and disheveled, chatting away listening to my baby's first real coos and watching him smile beautifully. I am still sitting here happy even with a sick hubby, and kidos who are fighting sleep. I love first smiles. I have cried with everyone and will always cherish these moments.

1 comment:

Jenn Marshall said...

Aww! Doesn't it just make you melt? Robby did the same thing to me. I was about ready to start ripping my hair out because of him when he smiled. That's not fair. lol