Sunday, January 25, 2009

One of Those Days/Nights When I Turn in My Notice

My nerves are sooo raw today, I could scream, oh wait I have! The kids have really been taking turns this time being sick. First it was Trenton last week, bad cough and headache. Then Thursday Ben and Joe started coughing, but not as bad, and I thought I was off the hook with just slight coughs. WRONGO! Friday Joe woke up refusing to move because his head hurt so bad, then got a fever. Saturday night Joe was fine and Trenton almost all better, but Ben was up all night (and I mean ALLL NIGHT) coughing and sniffling but no fever. Today Joe had a fever and headache again and Ben was un bearable allll day. It's not his fault and I tried to keep cool and care for everyone today, but with having to hold Ben NON STOP and try and squirt medicine into his mouth while he spits it out and Joe whining that his head, back and legs hurt.......I went bonkers by the time Rex got home. Trenton was trying to be good, but needed to be entertained all day on top of caring for the other two. I tell ya.... three kids is a ton harder than I ever expected!
I told Rex I was resigning as head nurse and mother and that a 2 week vacation was needed or I would walk permanently. In my closing statement I also added that none of what I was saying was true and that even if I wanted to leave, it would be impossible and all I needed to do was yell for a minute, and I walked away. It was the high point of my day.
In the end, Rex is at the ER right now with Ben...nothing major, just making sure he is not getting pneumonia or bronchitis. I am so exhausted and beat down. I feel like I have run a marathon today. I will update when Rex gets home with Benji.

No comments: