Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009

2009 started out sad, with my grandpa's funeral. Still miss him bunches. February brought a NICE tax return and new items that we had been needing and wanting. I turned 25 in March, and we met some great new friends who happened to be our neighbors. We also lost touch with quit a few old friends. April we started taking lessons with missionaries and started meeting many new friends. We also demoed our bathroom due to a small leak, it has yet to been completed but that is ok. Trenton turned 6 in May, I planted my our vegetable garden Rex quit smoking, and our lives really started to transform. Anne and Brian welcomed baby Ayden in June, and Rex and I were baptized July 3rd. Rex turned 29 and we learned our neighbors and friends were moving. Ben started walking at about 10 1/2 months, Anne and Brian moved the first week of August, Trenton started 1st grade YIKES!, baby Ryan was born to dear friends Doug and Joscelyn, and I got a nasty kidney infection. Benji turned 1 in September, I got my calling to assist with Enrichment, and the 6 weeks of cold and flu started in our household the end of September. October wrapped up my run of canning and food storage prep, a fun Halloween and the church and with more friends, Rex got called to assist with Elders Quorum activities, I also started visiting teaching. November got a bit shaky. Thanksgiving was great and very nice, our dog Nani got pregnant, we got great deals on Black Friday, Rex's parents had some troubles medically, Rex decided we needed to finish up our living room project, the dining room got painted. December marked Nani having 3 puppies and I now have my little girl Charlotte my JoJo turning 4, return checks from people we mistakenly took checks from.. YUCK!, Rex got a nice bonus, then $250 of it got stolen of that bonus at Home Depot, Christmas was awesome and really FUN, and Rex and I celebrated 9 years of being together. And here we are. Happy New Year to All! I have already done some resolutions, and I added a few. Here is the Bateman Family List of accomplishments we want to achieve for 2010.

Sara - Finish reading all of the Book of Mormon and D&C, Get a whole year of food storage built up, get Benji potty trained, figure out if I want to major in Teaching or Nursing in 2011, and lose the few extra pounds I have hanging on.

Rex- wants to complete Modern Warfare 2, finish the living room and dining room, finish the bathroom and make supervisor of the quarter.

Trenton- wants to learn and memorize all 50 states, learn times tables, learn to ride a bike without training wheels, earn money for our San Fransisco trip, and get better at remembering where he puts things.

Joe- learn to write more numbers, learn to write all his letters, learn to play some more video games with daddy, learn and memorize a whole primary song, and wipe his own bottom.

Ben- ( I came up with these)- Get potty trained, start helping our with chores, go to nursery at church, learn to sing a song and take swim lessons with mommy!

We will see how the years plays out ! Happy New Year All!

2 comments:

the nice one said...

what a year!! i also love the list of goals, especially the "wipe his own bum" i think we'll add that to Lincolns list! Happy New Year, 'im glad we met in 2009 and hope we become great friends in 2010

Liz said...

Excellent goals. Like 'em all. And I think you'd make a fantastic nurse OR teacher. That's a tough call.

Happy New Year! Hope it's going well so far. :-)