I am diving in this fall. Again. I re-applied again to the local college and picked my major. After a lot of talking, praying and a day of fasting, I found my answer. I am majoring in early childhood development, meaning I will be able to teach grades K-3. Hooray! Now I can fish around and figure out what grade I want to teach. I am leaning towards Kindergarten or 2nd. I think that is is funny that just 2 weeks ago I was contemplating homeschooling and now here I am enrolling back into college to be a teacher! I am scared out of my mind, and am a bit overwhelmed with the process of everything, but I know I will get through it and the benefits are going to be awesome! I am going to start out slowly and take a few classes here and there, mostly at night, and maybe some classes online, but I am determined to finish. I am hoping to be all finished before Ben starts Kindergarten ... I know I know that is 5 years out... but I am shooting for 4 years. I have a lot to think about and prepare for and find a way to manage everything, but it can be done and I am thrilled!
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
Head First
I am diving in this fall. Again. I re-applied again to the local college and picked my major. After a lot of talking, praying and a day of fasting, I found my answer. I am majoring in early childhood development, meaning I will be able to teach grades K-3. Hooray! Now I can fish around and figure out what grade I want to teach. I am leaning towards Kindergarten or 2nd. I think that is is funny that just 2 weeks ago I was contemplating homeschooling and now here I am enrolling back into college to be a teacher! I am scared out of my mind, and am a bit overwhelmed with the process of everything, but I know I will get through it and the benefits are going to be awesome! I am going to start out slowly and take a few classes here and there, mostly at night, and maybe some classes online, but I am determined to finish. I am hoping to be all finished before Ben starts Kindergarten ... I know I know that is 5 years out... but I am shooting for 4 years. I have a lot to think about and prepare for and find a way to manage everything, but it can be done and I am thrilled!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Congrats! Good luck and keep going! I admire your determination and courage! Good for you!
Post a Comment