Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Homeschooling.. Maybe......

I have always contemplated homeschooling the boys at least for a while, or maybe clear up to 12th grade. I never realized how vast the world of home schooling was until the past two days. There are SO many online classes, un schooling, book schooling ect... I am up in the air with what I want to do still or even if we will home school. I talked to Trenton about trying 2nd grade at home, and he is on board. I explained that it would be a lot different from going to school, but that kid knows a lot more than I give him credit for. " I know I wont see my friends as much mommy, and we wont get to do competitions for box tops or raffle tickets, but that's ok, I'll be home with you" I know, any kid would LOVE it, stay home, sleep in, lounge... but really it would give a lot more free time to do hands on activities, and one on one time. I found one school that I really am leaning towards so far. It is Connections Academy. This place looks awesome!

each school year, they send you a computer and access to the internet just for that student to do his or her work on, all your text books and supplies and it's ALL FOR FREE! He would even be able to join in live chat once a week with other students and teachers, constant contact with teachers for him and me, elective classes, even clubs and what not for kids to join. I could ramble on forever, but I wont. Check out the site ~ Let me know your thoughts.

PS I think I would still enroll him in music class at Jefferson Elementary once a week so he could see his friends and get the traditional "classroom" environment. We will see how it goes. I have until April to decide.

No comments: