Monday, September 13, 2010

The Bateman Clan Preps for Cali! And Sunday Changes

We decided that if we are going to go to San Francisco, we might as well do it upright. We are leaving Wednesday the 22nd, early, and heading to Hesperia CA to visit the dads. Then to the famous Harbor Blvd to stay in a fancy schamncy condo. Thursday will be D-DAY! We aren't telling the kids until we pull into the parking lot, that we will be going to Disneyland!!!!!! HOORAY!!!! I am so excited. They are going to LOVE IT! Then one more night in the condo, and Friday we head to San Francisco and have a fab time at the rehearsal dinner, then the big wedding day for Jeff and Vicki on Saturday! After the festivities, we will head back to Idaho Sunday ( I know, I know, but we gotta do what we gotta do) It will be a very busy few days, but it should alllll work out and we will have a great time!
 That aside, it was a very interesting Sunday, to say the least. I awoke with a famous migraine, but managed to get everyone up and going and out the door. We were only a tiny bit late..... anywho! There were BIG changes today. We have a whole new Relief Society president and counselors and a whole new Young Women's group (congrats Robyn!) . It was a bit overwhelming for me. This is the first big change since we have joined the church. Kay, our now retired president, was such a big help when we joined and has been so supportive and gracious. I will miss her so much! But, she has a great replacement, who will do great. I cannot wait to see how things will change and how things will still be the same. Needless to say, there was a lot of releasing and sustaining today! 

Happy sabbath to all!

1 comment:

Liz said...

You guys are such good parents. Some Disneyland advice: take lots of water. If possible, take sandwiches or something for lunch, and if you really want to buy food there, get dessert. Food is insanely expensive at Disneyland - last time we paid $18 for two burgers and sodas. And get a map and plan out where you want to go. Things are really spaced out and it saves a lot of energy if you can plan first.
Sorry - we've just been there a few times and I always feel the need to pass anything I've learned on. :-)