Monday, May 23, 2011

Grouchy

Pouting, stomping, and sticking my lip out as far as it will go. I planted my garden ( too early  I am sure and it is all my fault) and now.. it is a sad little garden. My cucumbers died, my watermelon died, my onions are doing okay.. and then to top it off one of the dogs got to the side yard and dug up my strawberries, jalapenos and peppers. So, basically, I have cilantro, dill, tomatoes and maybe some carrots and onions. I am making my trip back to Moss Greenhouse tomorrow and wait to plant until next week. Darn my impatience. Try try again I suppose.

I am in a cantankerous mood today. I don't want to do anything, I am mad about having o do laundry and so many other things that I HAVE to do, and I really don't want summer school to be starting so soon. The coupon craze has hit so hard in Jerome that you have to fight to get any extra Sunday papers, wither that or get up at 3am to get them first. The shelves are all cleaned out all the time, and the stores are getting cranky about everything. I have been keeping my shopping down to a minimum lately and just getting a few deals here and there until all these crazy people get tired of chasing every deal they see. I am glad people are finding smart ways to save money, but they need to realize that there are others of us who have been doing this for a while longer and that there are coupon rules we try to follow. 1. Don't clear shelves 2. treat your cashiers with respect 3. Stealing newspapers is wrong 4. YOU DON'T NEED EVERY SINGLE SALE THAT COMES OUT .
Thankfully I have a pretty good stock of things and I can afford to sit out a bit until the hysteria calms down.

Off to spread my abundance of sunshine with the world

5 grateful things ( I need this today)
Busy work*re-do's* Good kids* last week of school* reading

1 comment:

jolyne77 said...

I hear ya. We all have those days, don't we? Not that they are any easier, or less horrible if other people have them too ;-) I feel ya. I know its tough going to school too, but I'm so proud of you...and at the end of the journey, you'll be so grateful you buckled down and pushed through. Chin up girl...I love you to pieces...and if there is ANY way I can lighten your load...I will be first in line to do so. ;-) Big hugs to you!!!