Friday, July 29, 2011

What Kind of Mom?

I have been contemplating for a while now, all the different types of mothers there are out there, and trying to figure out where I fit into the scheme of things.
There seems to be a lot of different types of moms out there. For example, there is :

The outdoorsy mom
The book mom X
The church mom X
The organized mom
The sports mom
The scout mom X
The music mom
The cooking mom X
The fun mom X
The strict mom X
The disorganized mom X
The carefree mom X
The homeschool mom
The PTO mom
The charity mom X
The meany mom
The super oober lover mom
The dance mom
The working mom
The stay at home mom X
The sewing mom
The clueless mom X
The messy mom X
The lessons mom (there is a lesson in everything)
The by the book mom
The break the rules mom X
The rocker mom X
The natural organic mom
The whatever is easiest mom X
The SUPER mom- who does everything right and awesome

There are SO many hats we wear and so many labels we can put on ourselves.  I have stopped trying too hard to be the type of mom that I am just not! All the mom's listed above with X's are ones I think I am. How about you? I am not ashamed of my choices and happy with who I am as a mommy. There is always room for improvement, but I like being the type of mom that my boys need :)

No comments: