Friday, April 20, 2012

A Little Early





Is it just me or is the yard work and garden prep starting earlier this year? I swear I did not have to mow the lawn until the end of May the past 2 years. I broke out my push mower today and had to hack down the jungle we call a lawn. I did weed eating too. I normally love yard work and such, but this year.. I am not ready to be worrying about it already. I thought I still had time.

We are planning out our garden plot and will be doing that soon. We are going to build raised garden beds in the back yard. Our first step is killing off the grass, then onto building the boxes and planting. I am holding off on planting until the first week in June though. I will NOT re buy plants again this year. I should have listened to my Grandma when she told me to never plant before Memorial Day- ( your garden at least).

Our plans for this coming week are buying a new hose, weed killer, grass killer, grass seed, lawn fertilizer, seeds, and a new mower.. I HOPE.

Good bye winter. I don't know what happened to you or why you did not make a big fuss over snow and cold days this year, but I can honestly say I will miss you! My allergies have started already; at 4am mind you. NOT FUN. I am cleaning all the vents today, changing the air filters, washing curtains and window sills, washing base boards. Fun stuff I tell you.

I really am already looking forward to fall. I am not much of a summer person by any means!

1 comment:

Jenn Marshall said...

It kind of jumped up and surprised us, too. But then again, we're newbies. lol