Monday, March 18, 2013

Nesting with Evelyn

Hmm, Nesting with Evelyn sounds like a TV program, interesting. Anyways, due to my limited mobility this pregnancy, nesting has been, well, difficult. With Benjamin, I ironed daily, washed clothes daily, scrubbed the house down top to bottom, and had everything perfect and ready for his arrival in the matter of things being clean. This time around things are clean enough, I suppose. Not to my liking, but with Rex and the boys doing the best they can, I will take the help and effort.

To satisfy my nesting needs, so far I have:

Packed my hospital bag
Packed Rex's hospital bag ( a first in all pregnancies)
Have all clothes washed and folded and sorted by age group
Evelyn's space cleaned and ready for her to come home to
Diapers and wipes bought in a variety of sizes

Meals and snacks made and frozen:

Cheese stuffed shells ( 2 meals worth)
Corn dog muffins 12
Personal pan pizzas 9
Turkey sausage breakfast McMuffins 18
Pancakes 20
Oatmeal Muffins 24
Carrot Oatmeal Muffins 24
Zucchini Muffins 24

Plus I still have plenty of canned peaches, pears and applesauce from last fall. I feel at ease knowing there will be easy snacks and breakfasts for the boys and a few easy meals to prepare. The muffins will be easy for me to grab and snack on while nursing and are suppose to help with milk supply, so that is always a plus.

I am getting impatient to have this little girl and the days seem to be dragging by, but we only have about 3 weeks left.

My baby shower is this Saturday, which will be SO fun! I have never really had a baby shower, so I am VERY excited.

No comments: