Saturday, August 30, 2008

Ahhhh Haaaaa!!!


I now know why I was having contraction yesterday!!! While checking out yard sales yesterday Joe and I were eating Good and Plenty's . Come to find out today.....



"Black licorice could actually bring your little baby to the world more quickly! When in full term pregnancy, eating large amounts of black licorice could bring on labor. There is scientific proof for that, too. Natural licorice contains glycyrrhizin, which is one of the main components of licorice root, and the reason for its sweet taste. In recent studies, glycyrrhizin has been associated with preterm delivery. An international group of researchers found out that heavy consumption of licorice (500 mg/week) was associated with a more than twofold increased risk of early delivery, which means giving birth on week 37, or earlier (Am J Epidemiol). Thus, pregnant women should avoid using black licorice as a supplement, or consuming large amounts of licorice as food, before their estimated due date."

Avoid it my behind!!!! Rex is picking up more tonight for me!! I am past 37 weeks anyways!! I might gain more weight than I wanted to, but if it brings on labor then here I come!!!!!

1 comment:

Jenn Marshall said...

LMAO You poor thing. It would be worth the extra pounds to me! Good luck!