Friday, January 22, 2010

Another Lesson Learned

Monday, I went to Trenton's parent teacher conference. It was awesome and I talked to his teacher more about fixing some of the boredom problems he has been having. She had some tips and tricks and said she was implementing some new rules for him ASAP. This week went way better. I was also BEGGED not home school Trenton next year. All the teachers love having him there and she thinks 2nd grade will be a lot different and more of a challenge for him. I am still thinking about it and we will see.
That aside, Trenton came home Tuesday all upset because Ashley (in his class) passed her 50 in a minute differences to 10 and got a trophy. Trenton only has to pass one more and he gets a trophy too. So we practiced and I told him in time he would pass it and every thing would be fine.
Last night Trenton came home from school crying and saying some thing, but I could not understand him through the blubbering. Finally when he calmed down, he told me that he cheated on his 50 in a minute and that he had to come home and tell me. He felt really bad, and knew it was wrong. When I asked him why he did it, he said he wanted to pass his last one so badly that he thought he would do a few problems before the time started. Well, he did and he got caught. Lesson learned though. He is writing notes to his math teacher and class teacher apologizing, and w are practicing our differences to 10 on this long weekend.
Such is life.

1 comment:

Liz said...

What a great kid. He's obviously made of good stuff. And it sounds like you handled it perfectly. You guys are so good. :-)