Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A Change of Heart

AS I have loudly and obnoxiously subtly expressed in prior years, I do not care for Valentine's day too much. But, this year, I thought if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. It is Joe's favorites holiday and they love the excitement of the holiday. So I celebrated a bit this year. I got Rex some body spray and chocolates.
So the day started out with Rex bringing home a nice surprise for me. 

Breaking Dawn on Blu Ray, A single rose, and candy hearts. I admit, I melted a bit. 

Then I made the boys breakfast. 

Hear shaped pancakes and heart shaped bacon. 

After Trenton got to school and the other two got out of the bathtub and finished their chores I set out my treats I made last night. 

Yes, I made something I saw on Pinterst. Score one for me!
Before Joe went to school, I made a quick lunch. Joe requested something festive. 

So, I made PB&J heart sandwiches, pretzel x's and orange o's. I was proud of myself. 

When the older two were off to school, I got to work on their gifts. I made them goody bags and took them to the school and had them delivered to their class room. 

I left Ben's on the front porch after I got him in the van, so when we got back from the school he had a bag at the door. They had candy, chocolates, a stuffed dog and suckers. They were pretty happy. 

Any who, we are having a nice ham dinner tonight with homemade mashed potatoes, gravy, summer salad, rolls and peas. It has proven to be a fun day.

1 comment:

Liz said...

Yea! I hope you've been converted. Happy Valentine's!