I decided to grow up a little today. Instead of ranting on Facebook and sharing my cryptic feelings for my friends to see instantly, I decided to blog it instead. A step in the right direction, right?
I am just frustrated. I suppose we all have these days, but I really do not like feeling this way. I know we have people in our lives at certain times for certain reasons. It is all what we make of our relationships, as well as what we put into them.
Cryptic, I know, but I know what I am talking about. Ha ha ha. To me, a friend is not someone who tries to one up you all the time. A friend does not put you down for what you have, or what you don't have. They listen, care, and show true care and compassion for what is going on in your life. It just does not make sense to me to treat a friend otherwise. Sadly, it happens, and sadly, it makes me angry beyond belief, which honestly I believe is a useless emotion, yet it happens.
I guess my point is, be happy for your friends. Don't automatically one up them when they tell you good news. Don't put down something they are proud of, or excited about. It is just not what a friend does.
rant over....thanks for reading.
1 comment:
We're meant to rub on one another. That's just how life is, unfortunately. Think...duck-like...and don't let it ruin your day or your plans. :)
Post a Comment