Sunday, June 23, 2013

June 23rd, 2013

Today was a bit if an odd day. After a night of being awake from 2am until 7am, Rex took all 4 kidos to church so I could sleep. Miss E. thought it was a good night to stay awake as much as possible. I was exhausted, I still am.
 I am getting ready to start a wonderful 3 month duration of checking in every Monday, starting July 1st, for jury duty. Bleck. Oh well, we will see what happens.
 Past the jury duty, I am looking forward to summer festivities. The boys and I are going to start monthly, weekly, and daily goal planning. I have a lot on my list already, but planning things out over a period of time will help it all not seem so overwhelming.


Yesterday I planted the rest of our garden. I just love it, despite all the weeds. I had sunflowers come up from seed from last year, along with summer squash. I have over 30 mammoth sunflowers growing through out my garden.. My first instinct was to pull the majority of them. After pulling a few, I stopped. I remembered that my neighbor loves sunflowers. She told me once that if she had a garden, it would be completely filled with sunflowers. So, I decided to keep the sunflowers for her. She can see them from her back yard, and if it is a little something I can do to make someone's day a little brighter, then why pull them up?

Life is feeling normal again after adding Miss E to our lives, and purpose and meaning are regaining presence in day to day events. I am happy with the choices are family is making and look forward to where we are going.

No comments: