Sunday, June 23, 2013

A New Leaf

I took a big step today, or at least what would seem in our society these days, as a big step. I deleted my Facebook. Life to me, seems to go too quickly, so why spend time on something that does not offer much in return? Yes, I get to keep up with old friends, share my life and keep up with social goings on, but it all just seemed a waste. I hope to write on my blog daily, and keep up with my personal records here, as I can print off my blog entries into books and keep them as journals and records of our life.
 I have been doing a lot of family history work lately, and I mean A LOT. I have over 350 names to take to the temple for work to be done. A lot of them are sealings, but there are still quite a few that need all of their temple work to be done. It is a great feeling, and very enjoyable. I can spend hours researching and tracing back lines and lines of genealogy.
 So, a new chapter of life begins, without a big part of social networking, and back to the days of phone calls, and letter writing. I bought a book of stamps and a package of envelopes. If you would like to have a pen pal, send me your address!! I love getting mail and I think it would be fun to write with friends and share
  ADIOS social media. Hello life.

No comments: